The sole purpose of Adaptation Practice is to relieve suffering and to improve the quality of life. You will develop the inner strength and skills needed to cope with emotions and their effects for the rest of your life.
How to apply to start training in Adaptation Practice
- Choose which method you want – by email or face-to-face
- Choose a method of payment, or apply for a Bursary – see below
- Contact me with your choice
- Make a payment
- You will then receive a questionnaire, as described below, and will be ready to start Adaptation Practice.
1. By email or face-to-face?
- Email classes consist of written instructions + answers to questions + advice and support.
- Face-to-face classes consist of meetings with me, or another qualified teacher
- in Oxford or London, or other places by arrangement
- on Skype or FaceTime.
- Face-to-face classes are also offered to groups.
Classes are booked in blocks of 8. Contact me here with your choice.
Email classes: £30 per session (£240* for 8 sessions) This includes answers to your questions, individual support and advice by email.
Face-to-face classes: £93.75 per session (£750* for 8 sessions) This includes answers to your questions, individual support and advice during and between sessions.
Businesses, organisations and institutions: Fees are negotiated according to individual requirements. Please contact me here for details.
Fees are due for eight classes in full before the first class is due to start.
* Bursaries are available on request. Contact me to ask for a Bursary.
Please make your payment in one of the following ways. Contact me to ask any questions you may have before making a payment.
- 1) With a PayPal account
- 2) Without a PayPal account – using Credit or Debit Card
- 3) Online banking in GBP (£). Contact me to ask for details.
- 4) By cheque: from a British bank made out to ‘Clive Sherlock’ in GBP (£) and posted to: Dr Clive Sherlock, c/o Wolfson College, Linton Road, Oxford OX2 6UD, UK.
This applies only to Face-to-face classes only. Email classes cannot be reimbursed.
For Face-to-face classes only, 50% of the fees is refundable if cancellation is received in writing at least seven days before a block of eight classes is due to start. After this no fees are refundable. Refund of fees paid in currencies other than GBP (£) will be subject to adjustments calculated by me or another teacher to allow for exchange rates and any commissions charged for the exchanges at the times of payment and reimbursement: therefore the amount reimbursed might be less than was sent in the original currency.
Cancellation of individual Face-to-face classes
I ask you to give as much warning as possible if you wish to cancel a class that has been arranged. A mutually alternative time can then be agreed for that class. You will not forfeit or miss a class.
On receipt of payment you will receive a questionnaire to be completed before starting the first class.
For email classes your first class and set of notes will be sent to you.
For face-to-face classes a date and time will be arranged for your first class.
Benefits of training in Adaptation Practice:
- you will learn how to develop the inner strength and skills to cope with moods and feelings and how they affect you
- the Practice does not depend on drugs or psychological therapies: there will be no prescriptions
- if you wish to stop medication, you will be advised on how to stop it safely under supervision
- all your personal details will be strictly confidential
- there are no written records: nothing that your employer, colleagues, college authorities or friends could see.
Benefits of email classes:
- no appointments to make
- no travelling
- access to the instructions and notes 24 hours a day to remind you what to do and how to do it
Benefits of face-to-face classes:
- contact is more personal
- we talk about and discuss how you are and how to do the Practice
- guidance, advice, support and answers to your questions are immediate
NB All Class material and face-to-face classes are subject to availability.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Return to the top of this page.